Friday, June 12, 2009

Weekend in Mukono

Hello! As you can see, I'm in Uganda safely. Had really long flights with no tv's so I ended up watching Marley & Me and trying not to cry at the end in public.
Dustyn and Shalom met me at the airport, and we stayed in Entebbe at the backpacker's hostel. Woke up to a beautiful morning in Uganda and headed to Mukono and Naggalama to drop off our stuff.
Tonight we're heading to Kampala for a rugby game/fun in the city, and we're staying at the guest house in Mukono for the weekend. There are a lot of other mzungus staying there, some cool and others......
We met with our friend, Vincent, yesterday! We were so happy to see him and he us! He's going to be our neighbor for our stay in Naggalama.
We're having a little bit of NGO drama (surprise), but we should have some kind of work to do on Monday. We'll be heading to Gulu next weekend, then Mombasa the weekend after that. If plane tickets are cheap we'll go to Mombasa that way and get Vinny a ticket so he can go with us.
But Uganda is a wonderful place to be, as always. I just really can't describe how happy I am to be back here. I'll have some more insightful blog posts coming up, I promise.

As a final important note, I need to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DAD!!! Sorry I'm not home to celebrate your birthday with you, I'm sure it will still be a great one.

For now, that's all I got. I'll let you in on more of the exciting things we're doing along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Yay I'm glad you made it safe and sound and things are working out. Be safe, have fun, and I'll figure Skype out someday. I love you!

    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, thanks for the HB, wish you were here to celebrate with me. We'll circle a date on the calendar when you come back and have a "Mega" feast of "Phil Burgers" and all the fixin's. Our home grown patio tomatoes and peppers will be ready by then to help top it off.

    Your Mom, Chris and I are all thankful for your safe arrival and are confident that you will have a fruitful and rewarding trip.

    God bless, Mom, Dad, Chris, Fritz, Spot, Tiger and Audrey.

    ReplyDelete